Tabernacle of Praise Missionary Baptist Church
2018 Clifton Porter Scholarship Application
Tabernacle of Praise Missionary Baptist Church (TOP) is committed to the future of our youth and their education to pursue their God given purpose. We salute you in your educational endeavors and want to assist in your success.
We are offering one-time scholarships to eligible active youth partners at TOP. The application and guidelines are attached.
All requested materials must be submitted no later than Sunday, May 6, 2016.
You may contact Sharonda Pruitt, 214-336-5813, between the hours of 5 – 9 p.m. if you have questions. Scholarships will be presented on Sunday, June 17, 2018. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, each applicant will:
1. Be a member of the church prior to the application deadline and involved in at least one ministry.
2. Provide name of ministry and time period that you have been involved in the ministry. (Must be at least one year)
3. Be a graduating senior with a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
4. Write an essay that explains how this scholarship can enhance your scholastic and educational goals. (Attach a typed double spaced sheet no more than one page in length using a 12 pt font.)
5. Provide an official high school transcript in a sealed envelope.
6. Provide two letters of recommendation from non-family members.
a. One must be from a high school teacher, guidance counselor or school administrator.
b. The second must be from a church, civic or other community group.
7. Provide a copy of an acceptance letter from the institution you may attend on official letterhead.